New Zealand - South Pacific District of Kiwanis International
This page contains information about the 2001 district convention which was
held 7-8 September, 2001 at the Heritage Dynasty Hotel in Rotorua on
the North Island of New Zealand in the famous thermal region. The convention
was hosted by the Kiwanis Club of Rotowhenua.
Cette page est aussi disponible en
About the venue:
The convention was held at the Heritage Dynasty Hotel in Rotorua.
The Heritage Dynasty Hotel is situated on Fenton Street in Rotorua at the
southern end of town, direction Taupo. It is within an easy stroll of
the famous Whakarewarewa Thermal Reserve.
All workshops, trustees meetings and social events were held at the
Heritage Dynasty Hotel for ease of all participants attending. The
entire complex was booked for Kiwanis.
A Time to Play
Rotorua is New Zealand's premier tourist destination:
Rotorua is world-renowned for its natural attractions. Experience
soothing mud pools, shooting geysers and relax in the thermal pools
located around the city. There are peaceful bush walks, and your
regular thrill-seeking attractions.
- Program - Preconvention - Thursday, 6 September, 2001
- 11:00-13:00 - District Foundation Trust meeting
(for foundation trustees)
- 13:30-16:00 - 2000/2001 district trustees meeting
- 19:00 - dinner for past governors
- Program - Day 1 - Friday, 7 September, 2001
- 09:00-12:00 - opening ceremony and business session
(morning tea included)
- 12:00-13:30 - lunch
- 13:30-16:00 - business sessions
- 18:00-19:15 - socialize and gather for night out.
- 19:15 - night out. A surprise out of town function
venue. Busses were provided.
- Program - Day 2 - Saturday, 8 September, 2001
- 09:00-12:15 - business sessions and forum
- 12:15-13:15 - lunch
- 13:15-16:00 - business sessions and workshops
- 16:00 - convention business close
- 18:00-18:30 - presentation of 2001/2002 team
- 18:30-19:00 - drinks with the governor
- 19:00-late - dinner, dance and entertainment at the hotel.
- Program - Postconvention - Sunday, 9 September, 2001
- 08:00 - Trustees breakfast - old and new teams
- after breakfast - 2001/2002 district trustees meeting
(for the new 2001/2002 district officers - observers welcome)
- 10:30-11:00 - thanksgiving service
- 11:00 - farewell barbeque lunch
- Friday, 7 September, 2001
- Departure after morning tea at 10:30 for a "scheduled day of fun and
frivolity". This included a visit to a well known local artist. Lunch
was a 1920's theme, followed by a ramble through the Government
Gardens with well known local historian Don Stafford.
A room at the Heritage Dynasty Hotel (the convention venue)
cost NZ$123.75 per night per room including tax for single or double
The full registration fee was NZ$215 per person
for members and the same rate for partners.
Partial registrations were available for NZ$135 per person per
day. The partial registration included ALL activities offered
on the day.
"The Time to Play was at the Kiwanis district
convention in September, 2001"
NZSP District home page
Page last updated by
(David Fentress) on 4 August, 2008.
Your comments, questions and suggestions are welcome.