New Zealand - South Pacific District of Kiwanis International
2000 District Convention Information Page
This page contains information about the 2000 district
convention, held 25-26 August, 2000 in Hamilton on
the North Island of New Zealand in the Waikato region - home of the Ranfurley Shield. The convention was hosted by the Kiwanis Club of Kirikiriroa.
Cette page est aussi disponible en
About the venue:
The convention was held at
the Quality Hotel and Conference Center in Te Rapa, Hamilton.
All workshops, trustees meetings and social events were held at the
Quality Hotel for ease of all participants attending. Accommodation
was arranged at the hotel.
Heart and Soul
Hamilton is the Heart of the Waikato:
Waikato encompasses some of the best agricultural
land in New Zealand. The area is a major producer of
milk, meat, race horses and winning rugby teams.
- Program - Preconvention - Thursday, 24 August, 2000
- 10:00-12:00 - District Foundation Trust meeting
- 13:30-16:00 - 1999/2000 district trustees meeting
- 19:00 - dinner for past governors
- Program - Day 1 - Friday, 25 August, 2000
- 07:30 onwards - registration desk open
- 08:45 - Maori welcome
- 09:00-12:00 - Keynote speaker and business session
- 12:00-13:15 lunch
- 13:15-16:45 - business sessions and workshops
- 18:00-18:45 1999/2000 Awards presentations
- 18:45-19:30 pre-diner drinks
- 19:30-24:00 diner and entertainment - theme night - "Song Titles".
- Program - Day 2 - Saturday, 26 August, 2000
- 07:15-? Past lt. governors breakfast meeting
- 07:15-? Kiwaniannes breakfast meeting
- 09:00-12:00 Business sessions and workshops
- 12:00-13:15 lunch
- 13:30-15:00 business session and closing
- 15:00-17:00 2000/2001 district trustees meeting
- 18:00-18:45 1999/2000 Governor's cocktails
- 18:00-19:00 pre-diner drinks
- 19:00-19:30 Introduction of 2000/2001 team
- 19:30-24:00 Diner and entertainment
- Program - Postconvention - Sunday, 27 August, 2000
- 09:15 Thanksgiving service
- 11:30 Farewell barbeque brunch
- Friday, 25 August, 2000
- Visit to a thoroughbred stud, lunch at a rural hotel, crafts
- Saturday, 26 August, 2000
- Fashion parade.
A room at the Quality Hotel (the convention venue)
cost NZ$95 per night per room including tax regardless of
The full registration fee of NZ$205 per person
included participation at all social events plus morning and
afternoon teas, Friday and Saturday luncheons, workshops and
associated activities including the partners program for
registered partners. Children under the age of 12 did not need
Partial registrations were available for NZ$125 per person per
day. The partial registration included ALL activities offered
on the day.
"The Heart and Soul of Kiwanis was be found in Hamilton in August 2000"
NZSP District Home Page
Page last updated by
(David Fentress) on 4 August, 2008.
Your comments, questions and suggestions are welcome.